Davis Square in in decay.
Everywhere you look you see dilapidation, deterioration, disrepair.
And it's not just that it looks bad, it's dangerous. Neglect of the sidewalks and tree pits puts us all at risk of injury through falls.
Nearly all the visible public elements comprising Davis Square that we pass every day are being left to deteriorate:
- Light poles have missing electrics and many don't work,
- Signage is damaged, parking meters are bent every which way, bike racks are broken and twisted,
- Crosswalks are uneven and patched,
- Seven Hills park has trees in desperate need of care, bare patches of earth and inadequate drainage leading to standing water.
- Tree wells are uneven & blocks are missing. Dead trees are either left or have been taken out and asphalt placed on the tree wells,
- Traffic signal poles all have been left in disrepair and are a variety of colors and patterns.